4 pork steaks (1cm thick)
10 Button Mushrooms (sliced thinly)
1 red onion chopped finely
1 tsp red chilli flakes
6 garlic cloves chopped finely
2 T coconut oil
2 cups beef stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large pan over med – high heat with 1 T coconut and sauté onion, garlic & chilli flakes for 3 mins
2. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 mins until brown
3. Add beef stock and simmer.
4. While mushroom sauce is simmering, heat another pan over high heat with the remaining coconut oil. Once oil is hot, season Polk steaks with salt and pepper and cook for 2 mins each side (meat will be pink inside (med rare)) or 3-4 mins if you like your meat cooked well – depending on thickness.
5. Beef stock should be reduced enough and no need to thicken. – If you like your sauce thicker? You can thicken with some arrowroot flour.
Serve on a bed of mashed sweet potato and top with sautéed sesame asparagus.